Thursday, June 7, 2007

2 workouts down, how many to go?

Tuesday was the first workout, and it wasn't so bad. I was actually impressed with my body, it did a good job of doing what I wanted it to.
The idea of a half mile 'warmup' was daunting, but not too bad. Did some stretches, ran another halfmile. Did a bunch of planks, push ups, sit ups, and other stationery excerices. Then finished up with another half mile. My running was a combination of running & walking, but that's okay. I feel like as long as I can convince my body to keep moving forward I'm still getting closer to the goal.

Today was the OYO (on your own) run, 2-4 miles. Jim and I went to Stanford track and worked it. We did a half mile warmup, which I ran the whole way, then did some stretches and went into the rest of our laps. I was pretty beat by the end, my ratio of running to walking changed quite a bit, but I finished.

I'm still excited, and Jim is being really great at keeping my energy up, I'm glad we're doing this together.

No comments: