Sunday, June 3, 2007

Welcome to my first blog post! Yesterday was the kickoff party for Team in Training, and I'm really excited to get started. I've decided to to run the Portland Marathon, October 7th. Jim has also decided to join in the fun this summer, and is running the Disneyland Half-Marathon, September 3rd.

Team in Training is a really amazing organization, they are super organized, and everyone I've met is so excited and inspiring. At the kickoff meeting I met my Mentor, and was introduced to all of the Coaches, Captains, Honoree's and Staff. It was a little overwhelming, there are a lot of people... but it was good.

I really wanted to do something different this summer, something totally out of my box. I've heard about Team and Training from several people, and everyone has such positive things to say about it. Sarah, a friend from high school, blogged about her experience with Team in Training, and it was really inspiring to hear about her journey. So I guess I'm ready... my fundraising site is set up, now my blog is set up. I have a calendar for the first two months of workouts, and the first track workout is on Tuesday. I guess we'll see how this running thing goes!


I think this was the last time I ran, chasing birdies on the beach in Mexico....

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm so proud of you!