Saturday, July 14, 2007

And we're into double digits!

Today our regional run was in Woodside. It was trail running, which means lots of hills and prickly plants trying to poke at me from next to the trail. Rough terrain, narrow pathways, heat and hills make running a lot more diffiicult. I went for 10 miles.
The first 6 were really good, then the 7th I started getting really tired, I was getting cramps and my stomach was hurting. The 8th - 10th mile I walked almost the entire way, cause I was just miserable every time I tried. Yuck, I just felt gross.
But I still made it 10 miles! And even though I pooped out and had to walk a lot, I feel like I learned a lot about how my body works. Much more liquid the day before and the morning of, more whole grains, fiber, and eat eariler in the morning before running...which means waking up even earlier.
Came home and filled the bathtub with cold water, put in a couple of trays of ice, and sat. Then showered, napped, and went about my day.

No comments: