Sunday, July 22, 2007

This week

This was an intense week running wise. I couldn't do my normal crosstraining at lunch time Monday or Wednesday, so I ended up just running. This is what my week looked like:
Monday: Ran 3.5ish miles around town
Tuesday: Track practice
Wednesday: Ran 3.5ish miles around town
Thursday: Ran 4ish miles around town
Friday: Yoga/Pilates class
Saturday: Rest day...spent the whole day reading Harry Potter 7
Sunday: Ran 4.6 miles (after I finished reading Harry Potter)

My run today was awesome. I was dreading it, but it turned out really really good. I just ran straight down Cowper for 2.3 miles and turned around and ran back. It took me just over an hour, and the most exciting thing - I RAN THE WHOLE WAY. No run-walking, no resting, I just went for it. I ran pretty damn slow, but I didn't have to stop and walk, and I'm not even dead! I've never gone that far before, it's one of those signs that really shows me how much I'm growing. The first week that we went 4 miles I was at my limit, and now I can just go do it.

The marathon is still a little daunting, but if I keep improving like this, it's going to be awesome :)

No comments: